Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

Seasons Activity

In 3rd grade, we do not study the seasons. My students do know the type of weather, the way nature looks , and the way we dress for each season. So I decided to let the students make a Season Flip Book and combine it with a writing activity. They created their own flip book. They had to draw pictures that went with each season. When they finished their pictures they had  to write a paragraph explaining  the seasons. Then on the last page of the flip book they had to write what their favorite season was and explain why. When they finished , they had to share their flip book and favorite season with the class.
They enjoyed getting to draw and  create their own flip books.

1 comment:

  1. My students also do not study seasons. However, as we finished the year, I allowed small groups to work on the flip books. I believe it was mentioned in the webinar that the flip books came from teacherspayteachers.com. I have used this site throughout the year for our science journal. They really enjoyed created the moon and seasons flip books together. I also allowed students to teach the activities to other student groups which was very exciting.

    ReplyDelete