Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Response to John Roberts' Science Webinar

I really enjoyed watching Mr. Roberts' webinar on heat transfer. While his webinar covered 5th grade standards, I chose a 4th grade physical science standard activity with my class. Ms Harn's class and my class got together and made paper roller coasters. Last year one of our science sessions introduced us to them. Our students looked up YouTube videos and we enlisted help from some middle school students to help assemble the various pieces, but the our 4th graders in collaborative groups designed and constructed the coasters together themselves.







1 comment:

  1. Great Job John Roberts! I got loads of ideas for activities I can use with my 5th graders. I will also try the solar oven.

    ReplyDelete