Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Fractions Questioning Techniques

In my classroom, I use very similar questioning techniques as Mrs. Burns. However, it was a great refresher seeing her techniques in action. Sometimes with the time constraints that we face, the ultimate goal can become blinded. After watching her fraction lessons, I applied her techniques which promoted talk and discovery among the students without my prompting for the direction they needed to go in. Through self discovery we all learn more. She was a pro. Her cards that she presented were very helpful reminders. I would love copies of those!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Bonnie! I'm not certain of which cards you're requesting; send me an email and I'll respond ASAP - math411@mobilemath411.com. - JB

    ReplyDelete