Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Force and Motion Roller Coasters Ginger Harn

I enjoyed listening and watching John Roberts webinar.  I teach 4th grade, so I decided to go with a 4th grade standard for my video/pictures.  Using their understanding of force and motion, the students designed, constructed, tested, and made necessary adjustments to make their roller coasters work.  In the pictures below, you will see the students watching YouTube videos on how to build the different parts of the roller coasters and give them ideas on how they needed to construct the base. At first, I was unsure if 4th graders would be able to complete this task, but I was amazed at how much work and thought each group put into making their roller coasters.






2 comments:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun! Their thinking went way beyond that of a worksheet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your students really enjoyed this activity. Continue teaching like a pirate!

    ReplyDelete